Monday, June 5, 2017

Seizures. And new carpet.





Back to the drawing board.  I haven't posted about my health for quite a while.  I did have a seizure or two back in March - so my Vet decided I needed another seizure medication - which I started at the beginning of April.  I had a seizure at the end of April - but none since - so I human was over the moon because I finally went for over a month without one.  But space ships come back from the moon  - and Saturday morning, I had a seizure.  And I had one Sunday night.  A goal of one seizure or less a month is what we have been striving for.  But....I have also had some side effects from my medications - so my human had taken me in for blood work last Thursday - even before I had the first seizure.   So now we are waiting to see what my blood work looks like, and I may be going on a new drug.  It is very much a balancing act.  Otherwise, I am in great form.  My energy is the same, my appetite is fantastic, all systems are working just great - and the seizures have not changed - they are no longer in duration, and after they are over, I return to my normal, crazy self.  I was very good at the Vet, but I did get a BIT dramatic when they put a bit of solution on my leg - BEFORE they even put in the needle to draw blood.  Einstein, the real drama dog, told me how to do it.  It's a great way to get extra treats.  But they did realize I was being dramatic - because I didn't make a PEEP when they actually put the needle in.  So now we wait for all the results...

In other news, my human has lost her mind.  Yup.  She has LOST it.  She decided she could no longer stand the sight (or aroma) of that area carpet in the dining room - so OUT it went.  She put us on the deck while she rolled up the massive thing and dragged it out to the garage.  She was going to take it to the dump - but couldn't fit the thing in Ludwig - so it will have to wait until garbage day.  She scrubbed the floor, waited for it to dry and rolled out the new carpet.  The FG was the first one to run in from the deck.  He raced around the dining room table - and although he has never peed in the house, my human had this momentary fear that he was going to christen the new carpet.  She whisked us all outside and then let us back in.  She watched the FG like a hawk to see his reaction to the new carpet.  He looked in earnest for the holes he had so painstakingly created in the OLD carpet.  Gone.  He rubbed his face in the new one and stared at it - wondering how to start a NEW hole.  He didn't ATTEMPT it - because my human was standing RIGHT next to him.  But I know him - if left alone, he WILL start it off.  So he will have to be watched whenever he is loose in the room.  THIS will be interesting.

It's Monday.  The start of a new week.  And I understand SOMETHING may be happening at the END of the week.  Stay tuned!

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment