Friday, June 9, 2017

ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!



ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   We are going on a ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!  My human, her sister and her mother are going SOMEWHERE in Nova Scotia and we PONs are going along too.  As you may recall, my human's mother was in the hospital back in April.  According to doctors, she is a sick lady - but according to her - she feels just fine.  So as long as she feels just fine, why not enjoy that time - and take a ROAD TRIP!!!!   And sometimes it pays to be a dog with special needs.  With my recent seizures, my human thought it best to take me along - and Einstein gets to come too.  And Elroy gets to enjoy time at Camp Glenda.  So this should be easy, right?!   But of COURSE, nothing is ever easy with me...

Yesterday morning as my human was getting ready for her last day at work for the week - since we leave TODAY - she noticed I was limping.  BADLY limping. I would not weight bear on my front leg.  AT ALL.  She tried to look at my paw and I pulled away - so she whisked me onto the grooming table aka surgical table.  I was NOT impressed - but I let her touch my paw.  And she felt something.  Something sharp.  She thought it was a thorn from one of the rose bushes - so she went to get pliers to pull it out.  WARNING: Stop here if you don't like gross stuff.  Anyway - it looked to be less than a 1/4 inch long.  But she pulled and was SHOCKED to pull out a one inch long PORCUPINE quill.  And right next to it was another.  JUST AS LONG.  No WONDER I was limping.  Mind you - I met Mr. Needles on Monday morning at 1 AM and up until yesterday morning I was NOT limping.  GO figure.  My human carefully checked to see if there were more - but she couldn't find any.  Still - she quickly made a Vet appointment for yesterday afternoon for me to be checked out - as the paw was red and had a bump where the needles came out.

Overall, I was pretty good at the Vet's.  OK - I did get a BIT dramatic, but it's not like they needed to sedate me!  The Vet didn't THINK I have any more quills - but it IS possible one is still in my paw.  Right now it is VERY sore - and it appears like there is some infection starting - perhaps due to my licking?  Anyway, I got some medication for my pain and for the infection.  I'm just happy to know I still get to go on this road trip!  Besides - my human's mother would have missed her favorite grand-dog if I didn't come.

Now.  I wonder where we are going...

No comments:

Post a Comment