Monday, June 12, 2017

We survived Darth Vader





Well we survived.  No one ran (or fell) off a cliff, Elroy behaved at Aunt Glenda's and my foot is feeling 1000% better.


On our last day - my human took us on another 5 AM hike - for probably 4 km.  And of course, the last of the obligatory photo shoots. This time she remembered to bring enough treats.

I must brag that on the way home, my behavior was again exemplary.  I went in my crate, and never made a peep.  That was in stark contrast to Einstein.  He continued to pant and squeak like he did on the way down.  And of course my human would worry that he needed to go out.  So she would pull over, get him out, and watch him trot around with NO need to pee or poop.  My human's mother  at one point was really wishing we had that  recording of rain. 

On the way home, we stopped to pick up the FG.  He was beside himself when he saw my human - and happily jumped in his crate.  But here was the challenge.  There was enough room for two crates in the vehicle.  And clearly the FG needs a crate.  And my human knows that I  would be happy to be in the FRONT seat, if allowed to do so - so there was no way I was going to be allowed to be free.  My human figured that since Einstein was not happy in the crate anyway, he would be the best dog to sit in the back with my human's mother... Well.  HOW do you spell fiasco?  If we thought the panting was bad before, while in his crate- he was nearly hyperventilating in the back seat.  My human thought SOMETHING must be wrong.  So yup - she pulled over again.  And again, he happily trotted around.  By this point there were three humans who were ready to tie him to the roof of the vehicle. Like something a politician would do - or like a scene from the movie "Vacation."  My human's sister and her mother traded places - so now her sister was in the back with Darth Vader.  He eventually settled down - only to rev up again when we were 15 minutes from home.  When we are at home, and Einstein is in a barking frenzy, all my human has to do is show him a squirt gun that she has.  She has only ever had to spray him once and now all she has to do is say "I'm getting the gun."  That generally makes him quiet.  So what did she say in the vehicle?  "I'm getting the gun."  Which was utterly ridiculous because she didn't even HAVE the gun.  He didn't give her a second look and continued his pant-squeak solo.  But you should have seen the looks on her mother's and sister's faces when she said it.  "It's a SQUIRT gun" she exclaimed.

We were ALL happy to get home - and within 2 minutes, we were all sound asleep.  Adventures sure make one tired.  But they are SO worth it!  Even with a panting dog...

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment