Sunday, June 25, 2017

The best gift...




June 25.  Exactly 6 months until Christmas.  Time to start my list.  And this year, there will be only one thing on the list.  Good health.  For all my family and friends.  Because IF you have that,  the rest of the "stuff" is gravy.  Sometimes we tend to forget about that.  If you wake up and you feel good, the day is yours to create.  OK.  So that's my list.  For now.  I might add a bone to the list, because the "good health" thing is a bit abstract for Santa to bring down the chimney.  And we don't want to take away the guy's job.

So let's review the past week.  I wrote about the alien tick - and to make matters worse, he had a roommate.  Which my human again discovered on the FG.  He was promptly removed, put in two plastic bags and placed in the garbage can outside which contains the bags of dog poop that are picked up by the garbage man.  The tick.  Not the FG.  My human was in SUCH a state when she found this one, she wasn't thinking straight.  She probably should have flushed him - like the last one - but she instead threw him outside.  OF COURSE, she later regretted her decision - but wasn't about to go searching for him through the other bags in that can.  And let's face it - he has probably been gassed to death in there.  Although I have heard that the buggers are pretty tough. 

I hate to write this - but I had another seizure this week.  But we are adjusting my medication again - and HOPEFULLY this will do it.  Like I said, don't take good health for granted....

And in lighter news - my human posted this video of the FG and Einstein. 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gdDKuk2lXI

As you can see - Einstein is a VERY patient dog.  But lest anyone THINK that he is being taken advantage of - TRUST me - HE IS THE BOSS.  Here is another SHORT example of their playing.  My human didn't include the part with them racing around the kitchen.  And attempting to hump each other...  While the first video may look like the FG is a bit pushy - you can clearly see that he DOES respect Einstein!  Einstein starts coughing part way through - because he has no doubt swallowed a fair bit of Picard hair at this point.  But the body postures really show that these two guys are pretty comfortable with each other. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf8Pihq_VZ8

I just watch the two of them and roll my eyes.

So that's the news from this front.  And remember - if you feel good today - make the MOST of this day that you have been given.  It's the best gift of all!


No comments:

Post a Comment