Monday, June 26, 2017

Murder




So there was a murder committed in our garage on Saturday.  OK.  OK.  Not a REAL murder.  But it did sound like it.  Saturday was "grooming day" for all of us.  And let's just say that Einstein gets a BIT dramatic when brushing is involved.  And especially when his coat is - how do I say this - a bit "tangled".  Perhaps it is due to the foggy weather we have had lately.  While it does wonders for skin, it wreaks havoc with coats.  Top that off with the fact that the FG and I LOVE to lick Einstein's head and ears - and well, you end up with a very tangled dog.  And although my human TRIES to be gentle in detangling the mess, sometimes she does need to tug a bit.  And you would THINK she was pulling off his toenails!  Now I am really good - she can tug and brush and even work in "delicate" areas and I don't care.  She's doling out the treats every 15 seconds - so why complain?  But Einstein moans and pants and lets out the occasional yelp for good measure.  And of course, the instant she stops, he pops up like nothing ever happened.  I should add that grooming Einstein is a bit like the sport of calf roping.  First she has to catch him to get him to come in the grooming torture room aka garage.  Then she lifts him and places him on his side.  And he squirms to get up.  His squirming went on for about the first 20 minutes until my human had enough of the wrestling and firmly said "knock it off!!!!"  He stayed in place for the next 5 hours.  OK.  It wasn't 5 hours - probably closer to 2 hours.  And yes, he still got a break probably every minute or so with a treat.  She had done my grooming first - which lasted about an hour.  


And then the 2 hours with Einstein.  And finally 15 minutes with the FG.  That's ALL it takes with him.  Lucky guy. 

When she was done, she wanted to get a photo with all of us standing and looking wonderful.  Good luck with that.  She did manage to get Einstein and I - but there is NO way the three of us can stand together.  The best she could get was a sitting shot:


We'll see how long our coiffures last.  Actually, while my human was brushing the FG, I had already started touching up Einstein's hair the way I like it.  My human shouted "NOOOOOOOOO".  Sometimes she is just TOO serious....

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment