Sunday, February 5, 2017

A super day



Well it's Superbowl Sunday.  A day when humans sit around, eat junk food, drink beer and scream at the TV screen - watching guys bash into each other causing concussions.  Oh and they watch commercials.  It's the one time during the year that humans are excited about commercial breaks.  Great fun.   This year, I understand that the big game is between the New England Patriots and the Atlanta Falcons.  So who to pick?  My human grew up in Buffalo, New York - which means, of course, she grew up being a Buffalo Bills fan.  She is well versed in knowing what it feels like to LOSE a Superbowl.  Numerous Superbowls.  And being a Bills fan, one knows that along with the Miami Dolphins, the arch rivals to the Bills are the Patriots.  So my human should be rooting for the Falcons.  HOWEVER - in Nova Scotia, almost everyone seems to root for the Patriots.  What a dilemma (as if selecting a team to root for is THAT important!).  So what to do?  Well I have the answer - ask a dog!  And who knew there was a dog who has been selecting football playoff winners all season - and has an accuracy rate of 100%?  Yowie is an Australian Cattle Dog and apparently a YouTube star.  And Yowie chose the Falcons for the win. 
 http://www.today.com/video/youtube-star-yowie-the-dog-s-super-bowl-prediction-is-869406275609

Now for those who are naysayers about dogs making predictions - I hate to remind you that before the US election, dogs in Cleveland selected Trump.  Really.  And if an overgrown chipmunk can predict the weather, why can't a dog predict a Superbowl win?  We'll see tomorrow if Yowie was right.

Actually, I am quite good at making predictions myself.  I predict with 100% accuracy that if you put food in my bowl, it will disappear.  And if the front door is left open, and Frodo refuses to step out, I predict that it is raining.  Hey.  I'm pretty good at this stuff.  How do I get on a TV show?!

Anyway, have a super day!  Even if you don't watch football!

No comments:

Post a Comment