Wednesday, February 8, 2017

New series...





The second part in a documentary will be released this week - it's called the Secret Life of Dogs.  The series is all about the unique bond that we canines have with you humans.  I found a web news story from the UK in the Mirror, about the new show - and they published some interesting dog facts. Here are a few that I found cool:
  • Shih Tzus are one of the breeds most closely related to the wolf. Really. I'm not joking.  I just have visions of a pack of wild Shih Tzus hunting deer in the woods.  Pretty scary vision...
  • The Dandie Dinmont Terrier is now considered rarer than the giant panda.   That's a sad fact.  Dog breeders better get together and WORK together - or more breeds will be experiencing this fate.
  • Dogs understand fairness, and will refuse to play ball when asked to carry out a trick if they are not offered the same reward as a fellow dog for equal work.  Well this fact is no surprise.  I know EXACTLY whose turn it is to get a treat and I COUNT how many each of us gets.  
  • Dogs can shake 70% of the water out of their fur in four seconds, generating more G-force than F1 drivers experience in sharp corners.  While this is true - it doesn't explain WHY we try to shake ourselves off while we are IN the rain or still IN the bathtub.  I must confess, that is not one of our most intelligent behaviors...
  • Research shows that dogs are more confident exploring the world when they have their owner, rather than anyone else, by their side.  Unless we are off chasing rabbits.  We would rather NOT have our human by our side - because she could NEVER keep up.
I have two interesting facts to add to this list:
  • PONs are magicians.  They make food disappear before you can even BLINK. 
  • Picards fly.  And here is proof:

 I hope my human can find that series - we love watching dog movies.  Sure beats sappy human love stories.  Mind you, we do enjoy a good adventure film every now and again.

Oh and before I close - speaking of movies - remember all the hoopla about the dog abuse and the filming of the movie, A Dog's Purpose?  Seems an independent investigation revealed NO abuse - the clip that was shown was significantly edited to make the scene look abusive.  The dog in that scene was NOT hurt.  Remember who was behind the whole fiasco...  All that being said, I don't think I want to watch that movie with my human - she'll be all sad and crying.  I like happy endings.  Or movies and TV shows about cooking.  My kind of entertainment.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment