Sunday, February 26, 2017

Dog Show. Day 2


Photo taken by Barb Glanville for the HKC Facebook page

Day 2 at the Greatest Show on Earth.  OK - I guess that's the description of a circus.  Mind you when you have any of the dogs from THIS household involved, it does become a circus.

Starting with Meet the Breed.  So.  On Thursday, my human decided FRODO should go.  For a number of reasons.  So Thursday night, he got the FULL bath.  I mean the FULL bath.  Including hours with the jet engine dryer.  He looked marvelous.

Now you all know about Friday night and about Elroy's debut in the beauty pageant.  But what you DON'T know is that while Elroy and my human were at the show, and I was home with Frodo and my human's Mom, yours truly had a seizure.  We increased my medication after the last one - but apparently it takes a few weeks to kick in. Her mother texted her to let her know and my human immediately called and said she would come home.  But her mother said I was doing fine - it had passed so my human should stay with Elroy and show him.  Which as we know, she did.

So Saturday morning, my human reconsidered Meet the Breed.  She figured part of the reason I may have had the seizure was because I KNEW my human had gone somewhere cool with Elroy.  We dogs are pretty smart in watching things - like packing crates, and tables and filling pockets with extra yummy treats.  So now my human feared that if she left me with Elroy and took Frodo - well - I would again be stressed.  I agreed.  But I had not had a bath...

Well - I'm here to tell you that it is AMAZING what some spray product, lots of brushing and a jet engine dryer can do to a dirty PON.  I looked marvelous as well - and I never even went in the tub.

These Meet the Breed gigs are good.  You sit on a table, people pet you and you get treats.  What's not to like?  So many people admired my lovely coat.  Ha.  But the best part?  My human met this lovely young woman who recently moved to Halifax from Oregon.  And GUESS what her parents own?  PONs!!!!!!!  They had a wonderful talk about the breed and came to find out - get this -they work in the same building. 

So after my gig was complete, I went home and was tired - so my human knew I would be OK home with Frodo while she went back with the FG. Which I was - and Big Brother showed no seizures.

As for the FG in the beauty pageant?  Just like Friday he did a nice job when he first when in.  When it was time to go in with the whole group, "monkey Elroy" came out.  At one point he NARROWLY missed punching a Bouvier in the butt with his paw.  We're talking a fraction of an inch - which my human thankfully caught.  He loves the running around the ring part - the standing still, not so much.  So no big ribbons - but he entertained the crowd.  

Today is Elroy's turn for Meet the Breed.  He'll love that.  He likes to work the crowd - and he LOVES to give kisses.  Here he is giving kisses to a little girl who fell in love with him.

After that, we are done with the show for this weekend.  The only one who was unhappy with this whole thing was Frodo.  He wouldn't even LOOK at my human when she got home.  She had to do some serious treat make-up to make him happy.

Thank goodness my human is off work tomorrow.  She'll need some good exercise from all that standing around at the show.  And don't worry about it - we'll make sure she does!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment