Thursday, February 23, 2017

No dog left behind





We have a motto in this house.  No dog left behind.  For years and years my human has been owned by three dogs at the same time.  So what this means is that, as a rule, one dog is never left alone for any significant amount of time.  If my human takes us to a class, one dog goes and two are left behind.  Like the other day with the oven mitt fiasco.  So we almost always have a buddy with us.   Sometimes all three of us will go for a drive - or on a vacation.   During which chaos reigns.  Getting three of us in and out of the vehicle is always entertaining.

So we have a big question about this weekend.  Elroy is going to be making his debut in the conformation ring.  My human's ONE and ONLY goal is to not end up being dragged around the ring.  She's also hoping for no poops in the ring - which Frodo did the first time he was shown in the group.  Lesson well learned - poop before going in.  So while Elroy goes off to the beauty pageant, Frodo and I will stay home.  We'll be cranky.  But we'll survive.  Then Elroy is also participating in something called Meet the Breed.  Where you go and basically sit on a grooming table where people come and pet you and you get to be an ambassador for your breed.  Frodo and I have both done it in the past.  It's a good gig - you get lots of pats and treats and really have to do nothing but look cute. 

But here's the question...ONE of us PONs is also going to participate in Meet the Breed as well.  So WHO gets to go? And don't say both of us - because remember the motto - No dog left behind.  And NO - she is not taking all three of us.  Meet the Breed would totally take on a new meaning - and no doubt people thinking of getting a dog would be running the other way.  So.  Does Frodo get to go?  Or do I?  My human is really on the fence with this.  She's thinking mostly about me and my seizures.  Could the excitement of going trigger a seizure?  Could the crankiness of staying behind trigger a seizure?  I vote to go - but on the other hand, I realize it will involve a bath.  So actually, I'm on the fence myself...

Oh and we have an alternative to the soft-sided hacksaw-repaired crate...see tomorrow's blog for THAT fiasco... 

In the meantime, the big decision - me or Frodo...me or Frodo....it's a tough one...

No comments:

Post a Comment