Monday, February 6, 2017

Two new puppies!!!!


Before I begin my story, I must mention that Yowie's winning streak on predicting football games came to a close yesterday.  Oh well. Good thing I didn't have money on the Falcons.

Well we had two new arrivals the other day.  Two NEW puppies!!!  And they are gorgeous....  The story of these pups actually begins several years ago - when my human purchased two paintings on Ebay - of Paxton and Frodo...If you have been reading my blog since the beginning, you may recall this story....

http://viktorsviews.blogspot.ca/2014/11/stuff.html

Prints of those paintings of Frodo and Paxton have become popular - AND this artist sells prints of MANY different dog breeds.  You can see her work here:

http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/lee-ann-shepard.html?tab=artworkgalleries

Anyway, my human had the two great paintings of Frodo and Paxton.  So.....she started thinking that she REALLY should have a puppy painting of me - and Elroy.  So she contacted the artist and asked her if she does custom work - because much of what she now sells seems to be prints.  My human got a lovely note from Lee Ann and found out she indeed does custom work.  So my human picked out two of her favorite puppy pictures of me and Elroy and sent them to her.





And the new puppy portraits arrived the other day.  And they have joined Frodo and Paxton on the wall. Check. Them. Out.


I think Lee Ann did a great job of capturing our spirit on canvas.  That's about the ONLY way to capture Elroy.  Let him loose outside lately and he has NO idea what his name is.  My human has to come up with ways to trick him to get him to come inside.  I think at 8 months, he is definitely going through his teenage period.  And boy oh boy is he FAST.  It's actually fun to watch my human try to capture him.  Treats do not work.  Toys don't work - unless you toss them and hope you can get to them before he does.  He has figured out how to stay JUST out of arms length for her to grab him.  I'm thinking his time off leash is now going to be VERY limited.  That sweet puppy on canvas has become a wild thing in real life.  I love it.

Anyway, my human is off today and we have lots of plans for her.  Good thing we got her up nice and early so she can enjoy the WHOLE day!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment