Wednesday, February 1, 2017

What is the Password?


It's February 1.  Already.  And according to the Crazy Calendar, today is Change your Password Day.  I heard my human mumbling the other day - because she couldn't remember which of the 56 passwords that she uses was the correct one for a particular website.  And then she has to press that "FORGOT PASSWORD" button and WAIT for a new password.  And then they sent her a temporary password so she could go in and change her password.  And the first one she tried said she couldn't USE that password because she already used it.  Too bad she didn't remember it in the first place.  And all of this inevitably happens when she is in a hurry to do something.  

Here are some interesting password facts that I found on the net:
  • 66% of people use only one or two passwords for all of their accounts.  Clearly that is NOT my human.   
  • Women tend to use personal names for passwords, while men use hobbies.
  • The following are examples of BAD passwords - that lots of people apparently use:  123456; abc123; qwerty; 111111; and letmein.    I like the last one.  That's what my human is usually shouting when she forgets her password.
  • I read on-line that lots of humans like to use their dog's name as a password.  I also read it's not such a good idea, because if someone figures out your password, you then have to rename your dog. Really.  I read that.
I started thinking what MY passwords would be.  And here are a few:
  • PONsRULE
  • Treats4ME
  • 123FETCH
  • NONOBADdog
  • FINDtheBUNNY
  • K9King
  •  DOGSRUS
  • HEDIDIT
If you need suggestions on how to create a strong password - check out the advice of this bright canine:
 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeC_KzgPNk0

Anyway, I have a feeling my human will be changing some of her  passwords.  She's on to me and my on-line shopping after that credit card fiasco....

Over&OUT.   Have a good one.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment