Monday, July 24, 2017

A blue day....




So yesterday was a blue day.  Literally...

My human went grocery shopping in the morning.  And she bought a LOAD of stuff.  She has been pretty busy lately and so she hasn't really had time to get the BIG grocery order for awhile.  Yet it seems we never run out of OUR food.  And I have to admit - most days lately, we were eating better than her.  I really should learn how to cook - now THAT would be a good dog trick.  Mind you - I think cooking food is a waste of time.  Throw it raw in a bowl, and we canines are happy.  No special bearnaise sauce required.

Anyway, my human brought the grocery bags in and we demonstrated typical canine "curiocery" - that curious desire to know what is in the bags when our human comes home from the hunt. She put the bags on the counter and started to unload the contents.  The FG was in his kennel and Einstein and I were watching.  She looked at the array of bags on the counter and realized one was missing.  So she went back into the garage to get it.  And she wasn't gone more than a minute.  48 seconds to be exact.  But when she returned, she found two PONs racing frantically around the kitchen and vacuuming up a sea of blueberries that had mysteriously ended up on the kitchen floor.  She shouted "stop" as IF we would.  So she calmly tried to grab as many as she could - knowing that her desire to now eat this particular batch was now diminished.  And you know, I THOUGHT she had forgotten about Big Brother.  And she did, initially.  She didn't check the tape immediately.  But when she did, several hours later - who do you think was the culprit? Yup - you're looking at him.  To pose for this photo was sheer agony - I wanted to polish off the last of those tasty morsels.  But I figured I had better behave and take the shot.  Besides, my human gave me one for being cooperative.  And despite the fact that she was NOT impressed with my counter surfing - she was just very thankful it wasn't the chicken for dinner.  Always look at the bright side - no point in being blue.  Sorry I couldn't resist.

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment