Saturday, July 29, 2017

Close encounter...


So yesterday morning, I knew it was my human's last day at work so I was sure to get her up early. At 4:30. She was not overly impressed, but got dressed and took Einstein and I out for our morning walk.  In the dark.  Really dark.  My human was sporting her headlamp as she trudged up the driveway.  With us in the lead.  And luckily, despite the fact that she was still half asleep, she had a good hold of our leashes.  And suddenly, SOMETHING ran across the driveway.  It was bigger than a squirrel.  And bigger than a bunny.  And bigger than a cat.  And bigger and faster than a porcupine. And we went BONKERS.  We pulled and barked and screamed. THANK GOODNESS my human was able to hold on.  Who knows WHAT it was?!  IF it was a bear, it was a small bear.  But I honestly can't think of what else it could have been.  Wait – maybe a raccoon!  Nah – it was bigger than that.  One thing for sure, whoever it was, he wasn't interested in a close encounter with two crazy PONs.  He disappeared in the woods.  After we came home, my human took the FG out for his walk.  Now keep in mind that he was in the house when he ( and everyone in a 5km radius) heard the PONdemonium when we saw the strange critter, so he was anxious to see what all the fuss was about. So he stepped out the door but promptly jumped backward growling.  He spotted the empty garbage can.  And he growled.  And boofed.  You know what a boof is.  It’s not a bark, and it’s not a play sound.  It’s a “I’m not so sure about this thing” sound.  It’s a boof.  And he can make a big boof.  Anyway, my human had to DRAG him up the driveway past the ominous garbage can that is ALWAYS there. While he boofed away.

So my human officially got her work done yesterday – and she reportedly walked out of her office singing “See you in September…” Mind you, she did say something about one of the things on her agenda involves dogs and baths.  Surely she can’t mean me…

Have a happy Saturday!  Peace and paws up!


No comments:

Post a Comment