Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Cannabis. From PONhead to POThead.





So here's the third part of the blue day....

I haven't written about my health in the last little bit - but unfortunately, I have continued to have seizures.  Like every two weeks.  Last Friday I had one and then on Sunday night (post blueberries) I actually had another one.  The seizure lasts about a minute or two- and I don't remember much about it.  It's the "after seizure" part that is particularly challenging. I go into a bit of a disoriented frenzy and I become completely RAVENOUS.  I mean REALLY ravenous.  More than typical PON hungry.  I squeak, moan and bark at the garage door.  Where the dog food is stored.  Take me outside for a walk and I could strangle myself trying to get back home because I want to EAT.  I am in a real frenzy.  And even after I am fed - I want MORE.  The frenzy lasts anywhere from 1-2 hours.  Sometimes my human will put me in a crate, just to help me settle down.  But it doesn't always work - as I just bark to be let out.  My medications have been adjusted numerous times - and while that seems frustrating, the adjustment process is apparently very common for some dogs.  It's finding the RIGHT medication and dose.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago after yet another seizure and frenzy, my human started surfing the net.  And she started reading about the use of medical marijuana and pets.  And there is some evidence that it CAN be helpful in controlling seizures.  So my human sent away for some cannabis for me.  On-line.  But WAIT.  Before you have visions of me sitting around on a beanbag chair, wearing a psychedelic t-shirt and smoking a joint - you need to understand something.  What I am taking is actually hemp terpenes oil - which contains little to none of the THC mind-bending properties of cannabis .  Think of what I am taking as non-alcoholic beer - with health benefits. 

So my human bought the "stuff" and it arrived in a plain brown box.  But THEN she chickened out about giving it to me - because she didn't know if it would interact with my medications.  Perhaps she SHOULD have thought of that BEFORE she bought the stuff.  Anyway, she decided to e-mail one of my Vets.  Now the Vets in the practice are quite used to my human.  Heaven help them.  I can picture the discussion in the Vet office:  "check out the latest e-mail from Linda! You answer this one!"  Anyway, the Vet e-mailed her back and said, "go ahead" - there was no evidence it would interact with my meds.  So I tried the first dose Monday night.  Now I have no idea IF this stuff will work - but I can tell you I sure slept well Monday night - and never bugged my human even ONCE.

Please note -you need to keep in mind that REAL marijuana can be harmful to pets - which is no laughing matter.  So don't try THAT with your dog.

If you want to see what I am using - it's the hemp terpene oils:
https://www.apawthecarypets.com/

Anyway, we'll see what happens.  I have officially gone from being a PONhead to being a POThead.  

Excuse me now - I have this desire to go and watch some YouTube videos about Woodstock.  And I'm feeling like I need a snack.  But then - I always have the munchies.  Peace brothers and sisters!

Have a good one!
 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never know the use of adobe shadow until i saw this post. thank you for this! this is very helpful.

    dispensary supplies

    ReplyDelete