Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Alvin!


December 22.  On this day in 1958, the Chipmunk Song hit #1 in the charts.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whY9MKlvisI

Seriously.  It WAS #1.  My human said if I were one of the chipmunks, I would be Alvin.  Great.  Now you know it will be my new nickname.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of chipmunks.  I mean they are fun to chase – but pretty tough to catch.  Mind you, I’m not quite sure what I would do if I DID catch one.  We had a chipmunk who dug a hole in the middle of the island in our driveway.  If you put a rock over the hole, another hole would come up alongside it.  The island was covered with rocks – and my human FINALLY gave up.  Score:  Human 0 – Chipmunk 1.

Hey speaking of humans and mistakes – did you hear about the Miss Universe Pageant?!  It’s REALLY a weird show where human women march around in bathing suits – and there is NO pool in sight.  Another brilliant human idea.  But the big news – the announcer – some guy named Steve Harvey announced the winner.  And he made a mistake.  The poor woman had 2  minutes of thinking she was queen of the universe and then they took off her crown.  Whoa.  I’m thinking that may be Steve Harvey’s last job for awhile.   Hope somebody buys Steve a reading program for Christmas.

We are getting VERY excited about the arrival of Santa.  I’m assuming the deadline for my list is the 23rd.  Still working on it.

Well – back to bugging my human.  Have a universally super day!


©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment