Thursday, December 3, 2015

On the radio...with Paul Harvey



December 3.  On this day in 1950, a man in the US began his national radio broadcast career.  His name was Paul Harvey.  Paul’s career spanned decades and millions of people listened to him. He told stories and often ended them with his classic line: “and now you know the REST of the story.” Some people questioned his stories – and like anyone in he spotlight, there were those who loved him and others, well who didn’t!

In 1978, Harvey presented a speech at a Farmer’s Convention – which would become a classic story called “So God Made a Farmer.”   And many years later, a pardoy of that speech was made – this time as a tribute to us canine companions.  Take a minute to watch this – if you haven’t already seen it!  Although Mr. Harvey didn’t actually DO this tribute to us canines – I’m sure he would have approved.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDrabmm421I 

In keeping with our holiday preparations, it seems only fitting to also share an actual Paul Harvey broadcast – this one about Christmas. My human heard it MANY years ago, and she has always remembered it. I hope you’ll enjoy it too! 

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY2pTAAn9pc


You know....I’m thinking Frodo could become a radio broadcaster.  I mean he LOVES to talk.  Hey – now THERE’S and idea.  A radio station JUST for dogs….Imagine the RACKET that would create!  Mind you, I'm afraid Frodo would talk about me and how I torment him and Pax.  And he would end up saying in his stories "and now you know the PEST of the story."  Maybe I'll just keep that broadcasting idea to myself...

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment