Saturday, December 12, 2015

Dear Santa. I want a bigger bed. For my human.


Score one for research.  A new study has just come out saying that humans who want a good night’s sleep SHOULD sleep with their pets!  So I pointed this out to my human and here was the conversation:



Me:  The Mayo Clinic surveyed 150 people about their sleep habits and they say we can sleep on the bed.



Human:  How many people in the study allowed a pet on the bed?



Me:  56% of those surveyed allowed a pet on the bed or in the bedroom.



Human:  “or in the bedroom.”  You already sleep in the bedroom.



Me:    OK.  But 41% of people who shared their bed with a dog or cat felt more secure and safe sleeping with their pet. 



Human: What about the other 59%?



Me:  OK. I don’t know.  But only 20% of people reported being woken up by their pets.



Human:  And the other 80% couldn’t even fall asleep.



Me:   I’m asking Santa to get you a bigger bed for Christmas.



Human:  Go ahead.  But you’re STILL not getting on it…



Me:  Guess again…



So I have to continue to sneak up there at night.  And my human will continue to sleep with the gate on the other half of the bed, thinking it is deterring me.   Not a chance.  If I want something, I DO get it.  I’m a PON after all!



© Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment