Monday, December 21, 2015

More daylight. And winter.


December 21.  It’s official.  The first day of winter.  So far, we have had VERY mild weather, but we awoke to a dusting of snow yesterday morning.  It was C-O-L-D and windy, but we still wanted our walks.  We allowed our human to sleep in until 6:30 and then insisted that she get up.  Frodo and I got the first walk.  The cold air TOTALLY invigorated me.  I was CRAZY.  I mean CRAZY.  It was all my human could do to hold onto the leash.  I was darting back and forth – running and stopping.  I LOVED the weather.  Frodo on the other hand could not WAIT to get home.  He found the snow too cold – so 2/3 of the way through our walk, he started limping.  He doesn’t like snow between his pads.  Seriously.  There wasn’t even much snow.  But he had quite enough so he wanted to go home.

Then it was Bucket Head’s turn for his walk.  Well.  If you think I liked the cold weather – Paxton was TOTALLY in his glory.  My human took a few photos of him.  But every time she would back up to take a shot, he would charge at her.  He LOVES the cold and snow.



Besides the beginning of winter – it is also an important day – because now the days will start getting longer.  I got up at 5AM to see if there was a difference, but it was still dark outside.  Hmmmmmmmm.

We are doing a splendid job of keeping our human busy now that she is on vacation.  If she even ATTEMPTS to sit down and read, it is my solemn duty to sit by her and stare at her.  I mean,  I’m just thinking about her health.  She needs exercise.  The effects of all that Halloween candy are still evident, but don’t tell her I mentioned it.  So besides our long walks in the morning, it is essential that she not sit and rest.  At all.  Even though she does things like vacuuming.  And washing the floor.  And doing the laundry...She must play with US too.  She must take US outside to fetch toys.  She must feed US extra treats.  Yesterday she took all of us with her when she went to go to the store.  It was just a quick trip – and we had to wait in the car.  She was hoping all the “excitement” of the car ride would wear us out.  Fat chance.  Yes, Pax and Frodo did take a nap when we got back – but not me.  I never rest. 

Well, time to go and bug my human.   Have a lovely ACTIVE day.  I am going to enjoy every extra second of daylight that I get!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment