Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Dear Santa. I need bail money...


Well.  Is it appropriate to ask Santa for bail money?  I need to know…

I just found out that our Municipality has made some changes to our Animal Control By-Law.  There are a number of changes – including more fines for barking dogs.  Hint hint Frodo….

But one of the other changes is that leashes can now be no longer than 3 meters.  Which, in other terms - is just under 10 feet.  Well guess what?  Our flexi-leashes are longer than 3 meters.  By several feet…. (Note:  my human lives in the Canadian world of meters and centrigrade - but she grew up amongst feet and fahrenheit - so it's a hard habit to break).  

Now I KNOW some people don’t like flexi-leashes because it IS harder to control dogs with longer length leads.  And some people do NOT know how to use them.  My human would never walk us using one on a city street - we don't need 3 meters of leash length on a sidewalk!  HOWEVER- living here in the boonies, we DO use flexi-leashes when we walk on the trail.  Or if we walk on the golf course.  And my human can reel one of us in faster than you can say “Viktor – LEAVE it.”   So we HAVE used flexi-leashes successfully.  In fact, if there were an Olympic sport for flexi-wrangling, my human would WIN the gold medal.  Seriously.  But now – our leashes are illegal…

So my question…now I’m NOT saying we WILL still use the flexi-leashes, but IF we did, and our human was taken to jail – do we dogs go to the dog pound?!!!  I mean really – are WE guilty too?  But this IS a hypothetical question….

Yup.  Bail money is on the list.  JUST in case. 


©  Linda Wozniak

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you can make the bail money soon, I pray for you and your family and hope that god answers your prayers. The dogs in the picture look to cute to just leave alone. My wife is also going to pray for you and we hope that we will get to read your blog more often in future.

    Eliseo Weinstein @ Jr's Bail Bond

    ReplyDelete