Saturday, January 3, 2015

After Christmas shopping...eh?


Oh my gosh.  Humans.  You REALLY are something.  The lure of the after-Christmas sale can be oh-so-attractive – frequently resulting in the purchase of items that, well…one would never consider buying if they were not on sale.  What seems like “such a good deal” often ends up being something that will never actually be used.  Case in point:  these “adorable Canadian” dog sweaters that were on sale at – of all places – the grocery store.  WHAT came over my human? 

It was the 50% off.  A sign that causes many humans to act without reason.  And when my human saw that – and saw these sweaters, she thought they would be the “perfect” addition to our wardrobe.  Did she buy one?  Nope – she bought two – in a size large.  Thank goodness they didn’t have an extra large – so Paxton was spared the experience... 

First off, you KNOW how Frodo despises attire.  I don’t mind, but honestly, I have no need for a sweater.  But the REAL problem: the size large must be like the size large at the Dollar Store – made for an obese Chihuahua.  My human struggled to get me into it long enough to take the photo.  I couldn’t even run away – the thing is too tight.  It is like wearing a straight jacket.  My human didn’t even TRY to put it on Frodo – he gave her the “look” and she figured it wasn’t worth the struggle. Admittedly, I DO look cute AND patriotic in the photo – but then I always look cute. So much for that great after-Christmas bargain.

And God help us, she is going shopping again today…


©  2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment