Sunday, January 18, 2015

Life returns to "normal"

Looking a bit disheveled after bashing around our new toy

She’s back.  Our human is home.  Our household has returned to normal.  Well – that’s probably not a good word – because we are FAR from normal.  I should say “normal for us.”

As expected, Frodo barked incessantly when she got home.  He just stood and barked at her.  For 2 hours.  OK. Maybe not that long.  But it felt like it.  I kept trying to get close to her – but Paxton kept getting in my way.  We were all very happy she was home – although we do love our sitter.

And we ALMOST had a completely A+ behavior record for the week.  ALMOST.  There was just a small incident with the screen door that goes out to the deck.  Again.  This has happened before.  Our dogsitter let us out there one day in the sunshine and she went back in the house for a few minutes. OK. I admit it.  It was my idea.  I just wanted to try some of my own remodeling.  A new entryway.  Other than that…we were VERY good.

My human brought us some good guilt gifts – some YUMMY biscuits – AND a new toy!!!!!! It is sooooooo cool.  It’s called a Snoop.  It dispenses treats kind of like our Pyramid.  But it’s made of soft rubber.  Each of us got to try it and each of us has our own method for getting those treats out.  Paxton kept batting it around with his paw.  All around the room.  He was extremely productive in getting those treats.  Frodo used his nose to push it everywhere.  He would use his paw if it was stuck somewhere – but mostly used his nose.  And me?  I kept picking it up and dropping it – so the treats would go flying everywhere. Bam. Bash.  Out popped those treats.  It’s interesting how we all used different techniques.

We all crashed early after the whole reunion-excitement thing.  Today we plan to torment our human, er… I mean show our human how much we missed her by following her EVERYWHERE.  Like velcro.  Bad velcro...We'll be there...count on it!

Have a good one - I know we will!

© 2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment