Thursday, January 8, 2015

Another Vik-Advisor - the dog bed wins!


So.  I guess that money WAS well spent.  Yes, I have begun to use the new dog bed.  AND – I have NOT been ripping the fleece.  I kinda like it!  Mind you – I am the ONLY dog using it.

Frodo likes to lie next to it.  If he could, he would squish himself UNDER it.  It’s that whole hiding thing.

And Paxton – well he hasn’t even attempted to go on it yet.  I THINK it’s because he heard some words like “stripped screw” when it was being assembled.  Now it wouldn’t be a long fall for him – but I think he just doesn’t want to take the chance if the whole thing collapses.  Which is fine by me.  I get to keep it all for myself

The bed is a Kuranda bed.  kuranda.com   We got the aluminum version.  Without the fleece covering, the thing would be VERY hard to destroy.  My human ordered the fleece covering - which was extra - and my FIRST instinct was to shred it - as Pax and I have done in the past.  Actually, if you will recall, the last bed we had lasted less than an hour and it was FRODO who did that job.  But after the first day and after the first warning NOT to shred it, we haven't been tempted.  So far.

The bed does take assembly which my human found a BIT of a challenge - but after much tugging and shoving - it is together - and it is VERY sturdy (despite the fact that I joke it isn't). A size large would be fine for one PON - but we got the Extra Large for two of us.  So far it's like I have my very own King Size Bed.  But I know that Frodo will eventually join me.  How can he not?

 I see that the company has other beds and other covers. Some of those look cool too.  The ONLY things I didn't like: when we put in our postal code, there was no where within a million miles that we could buy one.  Well.  Maybe not THAT far.  But they DID ship to us - and the service was reasonable and quick.  The OTHER thing - in the drop down menu that helps you to pick the right size for your breed - there are no PONs listed!  The nerve.  I need to write to them about this. Seriously.

But despite those two "issues", this bed is VERY sturdy and APPEARS pretty tough to destroy. So given that - and the fact that I AM using it - I am giving this item 5 PAWS!!!!! Well... maybe 4.5.  Since they didn't list PONs....



©  2015  Linda Wozniak


No comments:

Post a Comment