Monday, January 19, 2015

Welcome home. Again.

A shot taken after 2 hours of grooming and 5 minutes of racing around.

Day one after our human returns.  And it started out BRILLIANTLY – from my point of view.  But maybe not from my human’s…



My human went to church early on Sunday morning.  She goes to church and prays that we don’t drive her insane.  Sometimes God listens …and sometimes…well remember what “God” is, spelled backwards.



She came home and decided she should push off the light dusting of snow from our 10 mile long driveway with a shovel.  OK – maybe it’s not 10 miles – but it still was going to take more than 2 minutes.  So.  She decided she would let Frodo and I out to play in the yard while she pushed snow around.  If you ask me, shoveling is a waste of time – it will melt in the spring anyway.  But then, I don’t drive a car...



So Frodo and I were released to play.  My human can’t let Paxton out on his own if she's busy because he invariably takes off in the woods – to get away from us PON brothers.  Our human figured she would take him for a walk when she was finished.



So Frodo and I were romping in the snow – and then the next thing you know, my human noticed we were gone.  She continued to play with the snow shovel and after a few minutes started wondering WHERE we were. So she called us.  No PONs.  And she called again.  No PONs.  She was JUST about ready to head into the woods when she heard the telltale crashing of branches.  And out of the woods came Frodo.  With me racing behind.  With SOMETHING in my mouth.  Of course I took a WIDE route around my human – so she couldn’t tell what it was – and promptly dropped my bounty in the snow.  And began to chew at it.  “Hey” shouted my human.  “Put that down.  Viktor – DROP IT!”  I know that frantic sounding voice so as she approached I dropped my treasure.  What was it?  Rib bones.   “Ewwwwwww, said my human, give me those!!!!!”  They were pretty frozen but still had some meat on them.  My human couldn’t figure out WHAT they were from.  Probably too big for a rabbit.  She immediately threw my treasure in the trash.  “Yuck,” she said. 



The trash can lid closed at which point I looked at Frodo and he looked at me – and off we dashed back into the woods – before our human could grab us.  We could hear her loud “UUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!” and the shouting of our names.  She called and called.  I figured I had better go back, so I did.   “Mr. Good Behavior” was still gone.  My human shouted his name – and then she heard him coming.  He emerged from the woods – and you guessed it – HE was carrying another bone.  Which my human quickly pulled from his mouth.  “That’s IT” she said – and the two of us were marched back into the house while she finished playing in the snow.



Poor Paxton missed all the excitement.  Now my human is afraid to let any of us off leash – because she doesn’t know what ELSE it out there.  She tried to follow our tracks back into the woods to see where we got the snacks – but the trees were too dense.  If she would just let me out – I would show her.  Maybe. 



Well, I guess she didn’t pray hard enough at church…Welcome home my favorite human!



© 2015 Linda Wozniak

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your blog is soooo amazing, and so wonderful !! You are a magical writer you know, Viktor !! A good start of a day for me, I will probably be waiting at the bus stop chuckling, thinking of your lovely blog, Viktor !! Nice chuckle for a snowy cold weather !! LOL. With tons and tons of love, Yuko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Yuko! I think you are my biggest fan! It truly make me happy when I know I have put a smile on someone's face! Thank you for your note!

    ReplyDelete