Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Paws for news


I’m thinking about adding a new feature to my blog.  I’ll call it “paws for news.”  I’ll talk about something that is new in the news.  I’ll try to keep away from the typical bad news stuff – humans get plenty of that elsewhere.  I’ll TRY to find a good news story…

And here is a cool one!  It seems a girl from NOVA SCOTIA just set the Guinness World Record for spinning on skates.  She went around and around and did 342 rpm – rotations per minute – which beat the previous record of 306.  And get this – the record was set in POLAND at a charity event.

Now I’m not suggesting anything here – but I’m wondering if she maybe read my blog about doing zoomies?  I mean we PONs ARE pretty quick.  I wonder if I could get one of those devices that measure your rotational speed.  I would probably break it.  Or Paxton would eat it.

And another news story…well this one isn’t THAT happy – but a good warning for us canines.  It seems back in November, here in Canada - way up north in the Yukon – there was a housefire.  And do you know WHAT?  It was started by – are you ready – a DOG.  It seems the dog was chewing on a box of matches and set his dog bed on fire.  Luckily no people OR dogs were injured – but there WAS smoke damage to the house.  What would I say to that dog?  “Seriously, Sparky – there are easier ways to get rid of a dog bed!!!  BE careful.  Be smart! ONLY use matches under the supervision of a HUMAN."

Obviously, he wasn’t a PON…

©  2015 Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment