Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas gifts. Part II.


OK.  So let’s talk about the first of the interactive dog toys that we got for Christmas. Actually, I think my human got them for herself – they are more entertainment for her than they are for us. 

She purchased three "board game" interactive toys.  They come at different levels of difficulty.  And for SOME reason, my human thought we were SO intelligent that she could skip Level 1 – and get one Level 2 and two of the Level 3 toys – which are considered “difficult”.   Why didn't she just buy us a chess set?  I love her – but I think she overestimated our intelligence.  Well, maybe not our intelligence – but our patience.

So far we have tried the Dog Trubble toy.  There are these pegs in which one places a treat.  The pegs are placed in a slot that is on a board and the slot winds along the board in a snake-like pattern.  The pegs can only be removed in one spot on the board.  There are five pegs.  




First error in introduction was in assuming we could actually move the pegs along the snake trail.  Luckily, my human figured that out after I tried to turn the whole game board over.  So she quickly started at Step one – simply removing the peg from the board.  Got it.  Now.  Move the peg one inch on the board.  Got it.  2 inches.  Got it.  I was finally able to move it around one curve, at which point I was huffing and puffing – the excitement of getting those treats out of the peg was tooooo much.  I had to take a break.

Then it was Frodo’s turn.  The so-called “genius”.  Guess what?  Not so much a genius after all.  He would just sit and bark at my human as if to say “move the peg yourself.  This is B-O-R-I-N-G.”  He didn’t play the game very long.

Paxton?  Well, as expected, he tried to chew the pegs off the board.  He was SERIOUSLY going to destroy the thing.  There were bite marks in the peg in .025 seconds.  This is NOT a game for Pax.

So we’ll see if I can work up to moving the pegs further – and EVENTUALLY to having more than one peg on the board.  I figure maybe that will be our goal for 2015.  As for the Level 3 games…anybody know a bored Border Collie who is looking for something to do?

©  2015  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment