Sunday, May 15, 2016

A horrid day. In my opinion.


We had a horrible Saturday.  OK - maybe in human terms it was far from horrible, but Velcro dog and I were NOT happy.  First off, it was RAINING when we went for our morning walk.  And we KNOW that we usually get an extra long walk on Saturdays - but no such luck in the rain.  And we are talking the dreaded raincoat rain.  My human had to haul Velcro dog out the door.

And then if THAT wasn't bad enough, my human decided that the house really needed cleaning - the full vacuum/dust/scrub the floors cleaning.  Seriously.  What's the point?   I say life is too short to vacuum - but humans are insistent. When a human goes on a cleaning binge, it is CRITICAL to follow her - actually walk in FRONT of her as she goes from room to room. Especially with the vacuum cleaner.  And stare at her mournfully.  

My human wondered when Paxton left us if cleaning would be different.  Let's face it - Bernese are walking shedding machines.  And while our house does have less dog hair, as we PONs don't shed - what she DID find yesterday was a whole assortment of "nature" souvenirs that Velcro dog and I brought inside.  Leaves, sticks, grass, mud, tiny stones - it's our collection! Some people collect stamps - we collect "nature."   And it's really not new - it was just hidden by the Bernese hair in the past.

So besides the mournful vacuum march, I also have a new little habit - which drives my human crazy.   I have decided that I LOVE lint from the dryer.  And I KNOW that I can always find some in the garbage can in the laundry room.  And I go in there causally, if my human is folding laundry.  And I slowly walk in, simply sniffing the floor, trying not to look conspicuous as I make my way to the garbage can.  But my human is on to me.  She watches me and as I quicken my pace as I reach the can, she yells "no."   I was caught yesterday.  

We DID play find the bunny indoors and we DID get lots of snuggles - so I guess in retrospect, the day wasn't THAT horrible.  But after a long work week, I think we deserve more attention than the vacuum cleaner.  Maybe Velcro dog and I will have to cut down on our collecting.  Or just get a puppy who sheds a lot....now there's an idea!   

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment