Saturday, May 28, 2016

How do you spell.....

So this week, the Scripps National Spelling Bee was held in the US.  For the third year in a row it ended in a tie.  Let me tell you - the kids who compete in this event are S-M-A-R-T.   I wonder though, if they ever  had to spell Xoloitzcuintli, the name of the Mexican hairless dog.  Really.  I bet that could be a tie-breaker word.

You know, we dogs can learn to spell.  Really.  Some people think we just learn patterns of sounds - but honestly, we DO learn words like T-R-E-A-T and W-A-L-K.   I couldn't find any scientific experiments showing that we can spell - so I want my human to start one.  Because she has SO much time on her hands.  If there IS a study going on, I want Velcro dog to be enrolled.  He's pretty smart - so he would be an excellent subject.

I'm not a great speller myself.   See if you can figure out my dog breed spelling errors:
1.  Chiwawa
2.  Labradoor
3.  Peekinknees
4.  Dashhound
5.  Shit-zoo

The CORRECT spellings are:
1.  CHIHUAHUA
2.  LABRADOR
3.  PEKINGESE
4.  DACHSHUND
5.  SHIH TZU

It's the weekend and we are looking forward to lots of human time.  A good friend of OURS arrived the other day - and he will be hanging out with us for the summer.  My human thinks he comes to visit her - but we know he REALLY comes to visit us.  And of course, I am his favorite.  Or I think I am.  It's cool - we have him VERY well trained.  We just stare at him and he gives us treats.  All the time.   ALL the time.  Hmmmmm.....  How do you spell the word M-A-N-I-P-U-L-A-T-E? 

Have a great weekend!

©  Linda Wozniak










No comments:

Post a Comment