Monday, May 2, 2016

We ARE trainable....

Who knew?  We ARE trainable...

Lately our morning routine has become even more chaotic than usual.  I know that's hard to believe, but it's true.  You see every morning when we are about to go out on our morning walk, Velcro dog barks while my human is getting ready. He barks.  And barks.  And barks some more.  And my human says "QUIET Frodo."  And he is silent for 8.3 seconds and he starts again.  And because she is in such a hurry to get us out, she has basically ignored the morning soloist.  But in the past several weeks, I have decided that I should join in.  He barks. I bark.  He barks.  I bark.  And we also bark together.  Saturday morning, my human had enough.  And she was pretty darn clever about her approach.  It wasn't until later that Frodo and I figured it out.  Instead of saying a WORD to us, she simply walked away.  And we continued our chorus.  But gradually the chorus slowed down.  And as soon as it stopped, my human came back.  So of course we started again.  And what did SHE do?  She walked away.  Frodo and I just looked at each other.  This back and forth happened about 4 times.  But it wasn't 3 minutes before you had two PONs sitting silently by the front door.  And we were silent while she put on our leashes.  And the next day, she only had to walk away once.  So.  Score one for the human.  Now. Getting us to not chase bunnies is probably going to require a BIT more training.

And SPEAKING of bunnies - do you know what we did yesterday?!  We played FIND THE BUNNY - OUTSIDE.  And I HATE to admit this - but VELCRO DOG was faster than me!!!!  I'm blaming it on the fact that I thought we were supposed to find the REAL bunny.  I kept circling and  zig zagging around the front lawn. But this game is VERY cool - I hope we play it again.

It's Monday - the beginning of the WORK week.  Work is a horrible four letter word in OUR vocabulary.  But we will survive - and look forward to some Find the Bunny when my human gets home.  Happy Monday all!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment