Thursday, May 19, 2016

TIME to SHOP!!!!!!!!

May 19.  Today in 1848 the first department store in the US opened in New York City. It was called the Marble Dry Goods Palace and it was the largest department store in the world at that time.  I wonder if it had a pet department...

Today there are all kinds of stores that sell pet supplies - some large chains and of course, smaller individually operated businesses.  Once upon a time it was very common to see puppies sold in pet stores.  Thankfully, that practice has largely disappeared - and people understand where pet shop puppies come from.  If you want a purebred puppy - get it from a reputable breeder.  Or, if you prefer to adopt a forever friend, you can go to a shelter. And don't forget,  that most purebred dog clubs also have Rescue Committees - that help to re-home dogs.  But do NOT buy your puppy in a pet store.  Ever.  You might think you are helping that puppy - but you are just supporting puppy mills.  This is a topic I am passionate about!  

Back in 1848, if you wanted to buy something - you went to the store.  Today though, if you want to buy something, you can just sit down in front of your computer. And there is NO shortage of places to buy things for us dogs.  And my human has  sampled MANY of them.  Here are just a FEW of her favorites - and of course, MINE as well.  Except for the places where you get grooming supplies....

This place is in the US - but it ships anywhere.  It carries EVERYTHING.  Including the dreaded grooming supplies. 
www.petedge.com

Here is another place in the US that carries everything.  They also ship to MANY countries.  But I'm not sure about Mongolia...
www.ryanspet.com/

This place is in the UK.  For North Americans bored with the usual training dumbbells, they have some cool options.  My human has purchased from them before:
www.dogstuff.co.uk/index.html

This place carries dog apparel.  Frodo has the 1970's style Lycra bodysuit and I have the more stylish Gortex coat.
www.k9topcoat.com

Here is the site of the ONLY dog bed we have NOT destroyed:
kuranda.com/

If you are into dog agility or obedience, here is a site in the US that has lots of good training information and equipment. 
www.cleanrun.com

Want some games for us?  Here is the place in Sweden that my human...errr...Santa got us some toys:
www.nina-ottosson.com/

This is a German company that has lots of cool things - including some LOVELY collars and leashes.  Guess who got one from Crufts!?  Purple.  Leather elk leather.  I love it.  It looks like you may not be able to buy from them directly but if you Google their product name, you will find other places that carry them.
 www.hunter.de/en/our-collection/unterkategorien/ext/np/4/0/16261/Dog.html

As I said, this is just a TINY, TINY sampling of the sites that sell dog stuff.  Personally, I prefer to go in the pet stores myself, as I can grab something off the shelf and then my human HAS to buy it.  Mind you, being able to shop any time of the day or night using my human's iPawd is also convenient.  As long as the place we are shopping has treats - I'm OK with whatever. Now.  If I could JUST get my own credit card....

Happy shopping!







No comments:

Post a Comment