Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day!



May 8.  Today is a very special day in more than 75 countries around the world.  It is Mother's Day.  A day to celebrate mothers and motherhood. 

Frodo and I have the same mother (and father too!).  Here's a picture of our mother - doesn't Frodo look like her?!



In Frodo's treasury (remember I don't like using the word "litter" to describe a bunch of puppies.  We are NOT garbage!  I prefer a treasury of puppies.) - there were 6 puppies.  Here they are at about 2 weeks old:



And in MY treasury....drum roll...there were 10 puppies!  CAN YOU IMAGINE 10 PON PUPPIES?! Imagine the stampede to get to the milk bar all the time.  My poor mother.  Here we are at 2 weeks:



Mother dogs usually look after us puppies VERY closely the first few weeks.  I bet MY mother was VERY anxious for us puppies to be eating solid food.  And when we do that, we become more independent.  Unlike humans. Some of them NEVER become independent!  My human STILL depends on her 87 year old mother! Her mother is a special lady and as we know, I'm her favorite grand dog.  Or I like to think I am.

Today is a day to pamper moms and to think of those moms who may no longer be with us.  If it weren't for them, we wouldn't be here!  And all you dogs - don't forget to give your "human mom" a big lick today too.

So Happy Mother's Day to all moms - whether you are celebrating in your country today, or if you celebrate at another time. Thanks for ALL you do!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment