Friday, May 27, 2016

GOOD news. For a change.

So for a change - I have a GOOD news story.  And it happened right here in Nova Scotia.

The other night, a Labrador Retriever by the name of Marley, disappeared from the backyard of her home.  If having a lost dog isn't bad enough - the family was extra distraught because Marley is the service dog for one very sick little boy.  The boy has a rare brain disorder, and Marley helps to warn the family if he is having seizures or other medical emergencies.  

When Marley went missing, the community went into full alert trying to find her.  Even the police, who don't generally search for lost dogs, were out looking for Marley - using thermal detection equipment to look for her at night.

The GREAT news - she was found the next day and was returned to her home!   

My human warned me that the community response if I were to go missing would NOT be the same.  She told me I had better NOT get any wild ideas. And let's face it - if I saw the police coming after me, I would keep on running.

In other good news, the Drama King is doing FINE.  F-I-N-E. Honestly, I think he just wanted to go for a drive.  It was raining, and we couldn't go for a walk - so his emergency clinic visit was a great way to get out of the house.  I must remember that idea.  Mind you - when I had my emergency with the porcupine encounter last fall, my human didn't take me to the hospital.  I allowed my human to remove them herself.  And I was very tough and stoic.  Hmmmmmmmm.  Perhaps that backfired.  Maybe it DOES pay to be a Drama King.....

Excuse me while I go and squeak.  For no real reason.....

Have a good one!  It's FRIDAY!!!!!


©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment