Wednesday, May 18, 2016

James Taylor. You just call out my name.... and I'll KEEP running....

Y
So last night my human went to a concert.  By some guy named James Taylor.  She was all excited.  But it was funny - when she told her grad students that she was going to see James Taylor, they didn't know who he was. It made my human feel old.  REALLY old.  And so it should.  She IS old.

Reportedly it was a great concert.  I wouldn't know. We were not invited.

I understand James Taylor is a very famous singer and songwriter.  He has won loads of awards.  And it seems he is a nice guy too.  You may have heard about the awful wildfires out west in Canada.  Well it seems Mr Taylor is performing two concerts out west in June and 100% of the profits will go to the community ravaged by the fire.   Very nice.

Jim had an album called One Man Dog, so I'm assuming he likes dogs.  I know he had a pug named Ting - and maybe he still does.  I heard he sang LOTS of his famous hit songs last night- and one that was written by his friend Carole King.  I call it the canine theme song.  You've Got a Friend.  REALLY.  I think it is all about dogs.  Mind you the part about "You just call out my name, and you know wherever I am, I'll come running..."  well that's true - unless I am chasing a bunny.

My human came home all happy and singing.  Of course we were happy to see her - but we could have done without the singing.  She certainly isn't going to be joining a choir any time soon.  But don't tell her I said so.

So the next time you listen to the words in that song - think of your dog.  And if don't know the song - Google it.  I think you'll like it!  And if you DO know the song, well...you're not THAT old.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment