Monday, May 9, 2016

Someone is on a diet. Someone is on a diet.


Well it appears that SOMEONE in this house is going on a diet.  My human thinks that Velcro dog could take off a pound or two.  NOT that he is obese - by any means - but she noted while lifting him into the tub the other day, that he seemed to be a BIT heavier than normal. And I think we know why.  As you may recall, during the last week or so that Paxton was sick, he didn't have much of an appetite.  So my human was trying EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to get him to eat.  Our kitchen counter looked like a cross between a kitchen in a HUGE restaurant and a science lab - with a VARIETY of food items and supplements.  Not to mention that delicacy - the canned tripe.

Unfortunately, despite her best canine culinary skills, Paxton often refused her efforts.  So.  What to do with the leftovers?  Quite a bit was thrown out.  BUT - we PONs sometimes got a sample of the finished products.  I think that my metabolism must be higher than Frodo's - because I didn't gain weight - but he appears to be sporting just a BIT extra weight.  Kind of like my human - she's still paying for the Halloween leftovers...But don't say I mentioned it.

So how to get the weight off Velcro dog?  I think my human will try her old method - that worked brilliantly when she got her very first Bernese - and had to help him take off extra pounds.  Canned pumpkin.  NOT the pumpkin pie filling stuff.  Just PLAIN canned pumpkin.   By adding a few tablespoons to Frodo's food, and reducing his other calories JUST a bit, he will still feel full but it will help to get that weight down.  Better him than me.

Well it's Monday.  The start of a new week - and all new adventures.   And I hope yours is brilliant! And you don't need to add pumpkin to your food.  Have a great one!

©  Linda Wozniak




No comments:

Post a Comment