Saturday, May 14, 2016

Ball vs bunny


So we know that I am OBSESSED with retrieving.  Balls, bumpers - anything that can be thrown.  I STARE at the garage door.  That's where all the toys are.  And of course the dog food as well.  But if truth be known, I would probably pick a toy over food.  And we KNOW how much I love my food.  But I am absolutely CRAZY when it comes to retrieving.  Velcro dog likes to retrieve too - but he would definitely pick food first.  No question.

But the question - what would I pick if given the choice between retrieving and chasing a bunny....

The other night, my human took us out in the yard to do some retrieving.  I was madly jumping around her and barking as we went in the backyard to play.  I could not WAIT to start.  And as we came around the corner of the house, WHAT did we see but a BUNNY!  There he was.  On OUR lawn. Well, that was it - Velcro dog and I BOTH ran after him.   But of course Velcro dog didn't want to crash through the woods, so he stopped.  But not me. I was barking like crazy, and running through the woods and my human figured that would be the END of the retrieving game.  She didn't know when I would return.  BUT, miracle of miracles, I came RIGHT back.  I mean I was ready to start the retrieving game within 30 seconds.  I let Mr. Bunny go off on his terrified not-so-merry way.  Had I known that the game was only going to last 10 minutes because my human was being eaten alive by the dreaded black flies who have made their unwelcome spring appearance, I might have kept chasing the bunny.  But I guess the point is - I DID choose the ball over the bunny.

So ball wins over food.  Ball wins over bunny.  FINALLY my human has figured out that if she wants me to behave, all she has to do is carry the ball with her.  All the time.  24 hours a day.  Let's see if I can train her to do that...

©  Linda Wozniak

1 comment:

  1. Hey Viktor! It's nice to meet someone like us...ehem. Pepito here. Mom and I are reading your blogs and well I started mine too. I'm also on Twitter. Hope to get in touch with you buddy!

    ReplyDelete