Monday, February 8, 2016

Clean up. And behave.


February 7.  According to the Crazy Calendar, today is Clean Out your Computer Day. Heaven help us.  We won’t see our human all day.  Actually we probably wouldn't see her for several days.  Last week she deleted over 4,000 emails from her Inbox.  I’m not joking. It took her hours.  NO WONDER her computer acts slow sometimes.

I’m a great cleaner myself.  I do a fantastic job of cleaning out our toy bin.  Particularly if my human has juuuuuuuust put all of our toys away when she is vacuuming.  I will take everything back out as soon as she is done.  Well, I often do it BEFORE she is even done.  I just want to be sure everything is actually IN the bin and in good order– we wouldn’t want any of our toys to go missing.

And speaking of vacuuming, we knew something was up yesterday when our human was vacuuming for like the second time in two days.  It always means someone is coming.  And sure enough – my human’s mother arrived for a week-long stay.  The octogenarian arrived with her laptop in tow and quickly made sure the wifi was working.  Now I have to go back to behaving, in my never-ending quest to become favorite grand-dog.  I know the rules: 

1. No jumping on her
2. Take treats/bananas/carrots GENTLY
3. No breaking into the DFZ.
4.  No stealing tissues from her pockets
5.  No racing down the stairs
6.  Stay OUT of her bedroom
7.  No stealing slippers when she is watching TV and has casually removed them

Within one hour of her arriving – I already broke Rule #3.  Actually, we all did.  My human and her mother were relaxing and reading in the DFZ and all three of us marched in- with Frodo leading the way – pushing the gate open.  We DID behave though…

We are supposed to get LOTS of snow today and tomorrow.  I’m hoping  we get snowed in and my human can’t go to work tomorrow.  Mind you, when she does go to work – we will still have her mother here to entertain us.  And vice versa…

Have a good one!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment