Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Take a Cruise Day


February 3.  Today is Take a Cruise Day.  I didn’t think I would have much to write about this topic – as my human has never been on a cruise. Unless you count taking the ferry from Halifax across the harbor to Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.  And I don’t think kayaking on the lake really counts as a cruise either.  I haven’t even been in a rowboat.  Mind you, I’m not a huge water-loving dog – I’m a landlubber.  Frodo is the only one who has been on the water – he took the ferry to Prince Edward Island a couple of times to go – of all things – sheep herding.  That was a couple of years ago.  He had to stay in the vehicle – dogs were not allowed on the deck.  Which doesn’t seem fair to me.  So his recollection of taking to the high seas is pretty boring.  And clearly, his memory for sheep herding isn't all that great either!

 BUT – did you know that there ARE cruises that people can take with their dogs?!  Even the Queen Mary II– which is a HUGE ocean liner – allows people to take their dogs!  Now mind you, the description of the cruise talks about a “kennel master” who walks the dogs.  So I guess we canines don’t EXACTLY have free run of the ship.  Imagine Paxton at the buffet….

I found quite a few other boating tours for dogs – several in California, Washington state, something in Florida, Massachusetts,  Baltimore and Chicago…  And I am sure there are others.  If you are into cruises – just Google “dog cruise” and you’ll see all kinds of options!  Who knew?!

And in other news, our prognosticating overgrown chipmunk, Shubenacadie Sam, had some good news yesterday!!  He forecast an early spring!  Since he WAS correct with his forecast last year, we will go with his prediction for this year.  He and Punxsutawney Phil gave the same forecast.  So it MUST be true.  Oh joy.  Oh happiness.  No luge run this year.  We hope.

Have a happy Wednesday!  I know I will!

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment