Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Storm stayed


Today is Ash Wednesday.  And the beginning of Lent.  40 days of behaving.  It will never happen in this house.

We had a blizzard on Monday.  A real, honest to goodness blizzard.  High winds and LOTS of snow.  Of course before it started, my human had to take us out for a good run to exhaust us – she knew we would be stormed stayed for a bit.  The photos you see are pre-storm.  The winds were stronger than our jet engine hair dryer.  It was crazy.  We loved it.  Well – I did.  Frodo was annoyed that it messed up his hair. 


My human’s mother was talking yesterday about “the losing battle.”  You know what she’s referring to – she puts my toys away in the toy bin and no sooner does she finish, than I pull them all out.  Just like when my human is vacuuming.  I actually think she thought she could get away with it this time.  Nope.  I never forget my job. 

So far we have been behaving.  Although, Paxton was a bit naughty.  When my human took Frodo and I out for our run, her mother was in the other room – and she glanced up from reading – and saw Paxton DASH across the room from the kitchen.  She went to see what was going on.  He had stolen a whole roll of paper towel from the counter, and was about to make confetti.  Busted.  She took it away from him – get this – in exchange for a treat!  We have her pretty well trained.

I like how she slices up our banana for us.  My human just tears off pieces – which I think, sometimes results in us getting varied sizes.  Her mother is much more fair.

Well time to go and stare at her.  Maybe I can convince her to slice up another banana…

©  Linda Wozniak

No comments:

Post a Comment