Monday, September 12, 2016

Getting bigger...


So.  I'm thinking that Elroy is really here to stay.  And I must confess, I AM starting to get used to him.  I mean it's not like you can ignore him.  He's everywhere.  And he's getting HUGE.  He celebrated his 4 month birthday yesterday and to "mark" the occasion, he lifted his leg to pee.  Another milestone.  He has outgrown one collar, and I think this second one will soon be retired as well.  He is still totally unaware of where his feet go - I still think he is a klutz. I don't know if that's a Picard thing, or an Elroy thing.  And those EARS.  One day up.  One day down.  One ear up.  The other ear up.  If his head has to grow into them, he is going to have a noggin the size of a grizzly bear.

He LOVES to steal things.  Like poop bags from the one pocket of my human's ugly dog sweat pants.  Good thing that one pocket is deep - it holds treats AND poop bags.  And when Jaws steals something, he is GONE.  Now humans are NOT supposed to chase us when we steal something.  They should try to entice us to "trade" for something better.  Like a treat.  Yeah - good luck with that.  When Jaws goes into the pilfering party mode, no treat is good enough to get back the treasure.  It's quite amusing to watch my human circle the dining room table with Jaws gripping his bounty and darting back and forth under the table and my human waving some paltry treat.  

The nails thing is moving extremely slowly.  And they had a major setback.  My human had this "brilliant" idea that MAYBE he was ready to try clipping on the grooming table.  Wrongo.  She must have been delirious from lack of sleep.  She went to clip a nail, he pulled, and you guessed it - she clipped it and it bled.  Well.  THAT was IT for Jaws.  He wanted NO part of nail clipping ANY more.  My human took him off the table while she looked for the styptic powder. And she suddenly realized that the styptic powder jar was almost EMPTY.  So Jaws was walking around, bleeding everywhere.  My human dashed into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of flour.  She poured some into a container and went to grab Jaws who was bleeding as if she had amputated his paw.  She managed to wrestle him and stick his foot in the container with the flour.  Flour of course went EVERYWHERE - so it looked like a scene from some kind of macabre TV cooking show gone bad.  Blood and flour everywhere.  

I admire his coat - it requires minimal brushing - at least SO FAR.  And it doesn't take long to dry when he's been swimming.  And flour comes off it really easily.

He definitely DOES have a HUGE Paxton-ism. He LOVES to take off in the woods.  He is always attached to a long line - so he can't go far - but if he had his way, he would, without a doubt,  make a run for it.  Perhaps when I am totally adjusted to my drugs, I will join him.  I do miss Paxton and our adventures in the woods...

I must say, he actually DOES have MOMENTS when he will fall asleep and he isn't  sequestered in his crate.  And he is kinda cute when he's asleep.

Well, it's Monday and my human has Mondays OFF.   SHE thinks she is going to do things like laundry and cleaning.  But of course WE have other items on the agenda.

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment