Monday, September 19, 2016

Jaws is growing...

 
Uh...excuse me.  I THINK I messed up the hair on your nose..

OK.  I must admit, Jaws really DOES entertain me.  AND I discovered something VERY cool about him.  Because he is becoming a giant, he can EASILY take things off the counter.  JUST like Paxton!  

The other morning, my human had juuuuuuust finished buttering her English Muffin, and she turned her back for .087 seconds and in that flash, Jaws managed to put his two paws on the counter and just about started to lick her muffin.  My human swung around and quickly pulled him off.  But not to worry - she didn't throw out the muffin.  You humans would NEVER take a drink from a dirty glass, but you'll eat the food we just licked.  Go figure.  

He's so huge that he's even taller than our buddy Jackson, the Lab from down the road.  He and Jackson had a great play fest the other morning. My human was hopeful that the wrestle-mania chase fest would result in one tired Picard.  Nope.  It just revved him up to chew on Frodo more when he came home. 

The other cool thing he does is distract my human.  He walks to the door and paws on it - like he wants to go out.  AND he often does it while she is eating a meal.  So I watch carefully - because if she is not paying attention, I can help her finish her meal while they go out.  I must confess, she IS starting to catch on.

He went to another performance puppy class last week. He still can't juggle - but his performance at being class clown is really improving.  He actually IS learning - despite having my human at the other end of the leash.  They make an excellent klutzy pair.  The Terrific Tracy and her assistants, Wonderful Wendy and Nice No Nonsense Norma, are VERY patient people.  VERY.  My human is always so busy trying to multitask with Jaws, that she doesn't always "hear" the instructions.  So when it comes time to try a task, she hasn't a CLUE what the heck she is doing.  Not to mention her innate klutziness.   But Terrific Tracy is used to it.  Did I mention that she is patient?!

I am ALMOST willing to play with him outdoors.  But not totally yet.  But I have to hand it to him, he keeps trying.

Well time to see what's on my human's breakfast menu.  Jaws may need to go out for a pee....

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment