Monday, September 5, 2016

Picture this...


 Sometimes you humans really puzzle me.  You have such an interesting view of the world.  And this OBSESSION with taking photos of things, it really is a very human trait.  You take pictures of each other, pictures of nature, pictures of vacations, pictures of art, pictures of scenery, and of COURSE, pictures of US dogs.  

Yesterday my human, with an accomplice,  helped someone "escape" from the hospital for an hour or so - and they went to the Halifax Public Gardens - a beautiful Victorian Garden in the heart of the city. The dahlias were in bloom so OF COURSE, my human had to take some photos.  






I don't understand why dogs aren't allowed in the gardens.  Actually, when I look at the plants in our yard, maybe I do.

And THEN when she got home, she decided to take photos of us.  So what ELSE is new?!  



Getting a photo of the three of us together is NOT an easy task.  It's miraculous that she actually managed to get a few.  And one that turned out.  I'm sure the neighbors heard the begging,  and the 4963 repetitions of "VIKTOR STAY".  Frodo automatically stays wherever you plant him, and Elroy?  No point in telling him to stay.  It's not in his vocabulary.  In fact, his vocabulary is pretty small so far.  I think my human should be talking to him in French.  She might have better luck. 

And after the puparazzi routine with copious amounts of treats, I started thinking what kinds of things we dogs "value" and what we would take photos of.  I have talked before about getting a Go Pro camera, but this is more about what kinds of photos WE would hang on OUR walls.  Here are my choices:

A leash.  Which means a walk.  Which we dogs love.  A thing of beauty.


The dog treat jar.  How beautiful is that?!


Our food bowl.  But preferably when it is FULL.


A retrieving toy.  For me anyway.

A hosta.  Or any plant for that matter.  To pee on.  This is a good example from our garden. And I suppose evidence as to why dogs are not allowed in the Public Gardens...



A chew toy.  To keep us occupied when humans are not around. These objects are preferable (according to humans) to carpet, drywall, chair rails and other dog's ears.

And lastly a picture of you.  



I mean it's only appropriate that we have a photo of YOU since you have so many of us!  Plus you supply all the previously mentioned items that we love. And really, YOU are what we value most.  

Unless it's time for grooming.  JUST KIDDING.  Sort of...

Have a picturesque day!


No comments:

Post a Comment