Thursday, September 22, 2016

Happy anniversary. To me!



Today is September 22 - and I just realized I missed a big anniversary on September 20.  It marked  TWO years of writing  my blog! Two years of writing about my life and my reflections - almost every day. It's hard to believe that one dog (well three dogs) can have so much to say.  Mind you, I AM a PON.  And what have I learned in the past two years?  I have learned a LOT about humans - and how DIFFERENT they are from us dogs.  Here are a few observations:
  • Humans  get a license.  It allows them to drive.  It allows them to drink.  But not at the same time.  We dogs get a license.  It doesn't allow us to drive OR drink.  Seems a bit unfair to me.
  • For some reason, many humans love Fridays.  To us dogs, every day is Friday.
  • Humans like to bathe and shower.  Every day.  Most of us dogs would be content with an annual cleansing.  You might think that given our superior sense of smell, we would want to be fresh smelling.  But our preferences in the odor department are much more "earthy" than those of humans.  So bathing and smelling like lavender is just NOT a goal for us.
  • Humans generally like to eat different things for each meal.  While variety is nice, most of us dogs are content to eat the same thing.  For every meal. 
  • Humans will spend significant amounts of money on toys for us.  The reality?  Most of us would be content with the cardboard from a roll of paper towel or toilet paper.
  • Humans do not need to circle, dig or ball up bedding before going to sleep. They are content to just lie down.  Very odd.
  • Humans agonize trying to think of a name for us when we are puppies.  Then they call us a variety of "other" names.  Like me.  I'm Viktor.  Viktorino.  Vik.  And even Trino.  And then they wonder why we don't come when called.
  • Humans set "rules."  Like no dogs on the furniture.  Or in the DFZ.  With patience and persistence, we dogs can generally have any rule changed.  We have the "power."
  • Dog people are all alike whether they own a chihuahua or an Irish Wolfhound.  They all like to share stories and pictures of us.  And they also do this thing where they gravitate toward other people who own the SAME breed of dog.  I guess misery loves company - in some cases...
Overall though, I do think humans ARE pretty cool and when they are well trained, they can be a pleasure to own... 

I enjoy sharing my stories about owning a human, and news about the dog world in general.  Thank you for stopping in - and thank you for sharing your comments and feedback.  It's been an interesting two years - some not-so-good times, but overall I think life is pretty PONtastic.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment