Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Google it



Today is September 7 and it's Google Commemoration Day - according to the Crazy Calendar.  Google - a word that was unheard of back in the early 1990's, started with some PhD students at Stanford University in 1996 as a research project.  Today that word is part of everyone's vocabulary.  It seems to be a "go to" place to find information - an "internet library" of sorts.  One stat dating back to March said that Google has 2.3 million searches per second!!!  It has also become a multi billion dollar industry.  And did you know that Google is a dog-friendly company - allowing staffers to bring their dogs to work?  I'd like my human to work there.

A quick Google search for "Polish Lowland Sheepdog" revealed 506,000 results.  A Berger Picard search had 865,000 results.  So Jaws beat me.  But his blog didn't show up.  Mind you - he doesn't have one. 

And what do you think was the key word most often googled in 2015?  I thought for SURE it would be dog - but nope.  It was "weather."  As IF we can REALLY depend on the weather person's forecast.  But I guess it's the topic humans love to talks about. 

In fact, according to the site I found (via Google), the word "dog" didn't even APPEAR in the Top 100 searches.  I was shocked.  Thank GOODNESS "cat" did not appear - THEN I would be REALLY upset.

A Google search for "dog biscuits" revealed 3,870,000 results.  That's a LOT of treats. 

A search for "veterinary" revealed 124,000,000 sites.  And since I have had my "health issues" I think my human read at LEAST half of them.  But you have to be CAREFUL what you find on Google - as surprise, surprise - not all sites are reliable or credible.   CONSIDER the source.  And don't believe everything you read.  My veterinarians must HATE to see my human, the Google Queen coming in.  YOU KNOW she is armed with her internet research.  She's not too crazy about the drug that I am on for these seizures - so as you can probably guess, she's been looking for alternatives.  She'll be talking to two vets today.  When my human gets an idea, she's like a dog with a bone.  Pun intended.

Well excuse me while I go and Google "dog toys."  I think it's time for some shopping.

Have a  virtually wonderful day!














No comments:

Post a Comment