Sunday, September 4, 2016

Here we go again...



Sometimes the best laid plans do not go as expected...

Well, Elroy didn't get to debut at Meet the Breed yesterday - my human and I were at the Vet instead.  I had two more seizures.  My human is so very concerned and upset - I had one around 5:30 yesterday morning and ANOTHER one at around 9:15.   Our Vet's office was swamped because of the long holiday weekend - so she opted to take me to a diiferent clinic.  Of course, just like the previous episodes, I was fine when I got there.  They did more testing on me.  The Vet said I was a bit of a drama king - when they took my blood.  My human said they should meet Frodo.

Anyway, after numerous tests, they have come to the conclusion that I likely have a thing called Epilepsy.  They have put me on medication, and they hope that will make the seizures stop.  I sure hope so.

I don't think either Frodo or I will go to the show today.  Besides, neither of us REALLY wanted a bath anyway.

I almost hated to share this news today - I mean who wants to read bad news? I was going to make up a story that I went to the dog show and got Best in Show or even more unbelievable- High in Trial. But I always share our adventures - good and bad so there you have it.

On a lighter note - Elroy has another weird behavior.   We know that I chase bunnies, foxes and the odd porcupine.  Elroy?  Butterflies and moths.  You should see him go.  He is also obsessed with finding bunny balls in the lawn.  My human couldn't figure out WHY he was staring at the lawn.  She was starting to think he had supersonic hearing and was listening for ants.  Then she realized he was also tracking something.  So she watched him carefully and finally saw him find his "treasure".  Ewwwwww.  

Oh and the moles?  They have created a maze of tunnels in the back yard and you feel the soft ground when you walk on it.  Time to call Critter Ridder.   Hey - maybe THAT'S what Jaws is listening to!

Paws crossed for a good day all around today. No seizures last night - so it's already starting off well!  Have a good one!



2 comments:

  1. Oh dear. Poor guy and poor owner. Hope the medication calms things for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have an answer...Prayers for things to smooth out for Viktor and his human:)

    ReplyDelete