Thursday, December 22, 2016

A dog named Barney. And being naughty...




So I briefly mentioned Christmas movies the other day - and there is certainly NO shortage of them.  But I was curious about Christmas DOG movies.  How many would you guess?  5?  16?  27?   Well - this site shows that there are at LEAST 44!  http://www.imdb.com/list/ls063035576/  And we haven't even seen most of them!  Time for some binge watching over the holidays.  I think I'll start with #34.  Because the dog that appears to be the star looks PON-ish.  I'm pretty sure he's/she's a Bearded Collie - but still big and fuzzy.  And then there is #39.  A Benji story.  

My human's first dog (as an adult) was a dog named Barney.  And he looked a bit like Benji.  

Barney came from the dog pound.  The pound had nicknamed him  "the biter."  But my human was never one to back away from a challenge.  So she took "the biter" home.  And sure enough.  He bit her.  But they learned to live together, and with LOTS of training, Barney turned out to be a pretty good dog.  He DID have his naughty streaks, like the time he got into the garbage and took out the carcass of bones from a turkey, and hid it under the cushions in the living room sofa.  He was the kind of dog who didn't EAT things he found - he would just hide them.  For "later."  Barney lived to the grand old age of 17.5.  He and my human learned a lot from one another.

And speaking of naughty - GUESS who took off the other day?  Nope - not me.  Nope - not the FG.  It was VELCRO DOG.  And do you know why?  Retaliation for the Christmas bath.  Yup.  We were let out for a pee and TWO of us quickly obliged and raced back in the house.  But Velcro dog, who was all nice smelling and fluffy and clean - well he took off into the woods.  You could see the steam coming out of my human's ears.  He wasn't gone long - just long enough for her to go and put her coat on.  He came back with sticks in his coat - but luckily wasn't muddy.  He just smirked at my human as he waltzed past her when she opened the door.    Wonder if Santa saw that - he's probably pretty busy so Frodo may have gotten away with it.

Time to go and download some of those Christmas movies...  Let me know if you have a favorite.  Have a GREAT day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment