Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Dear Santa. Part 4.






Dear Santa.
I had better finish my letter soon - as time is running out.  Before I do "the ask," I have a few warnings for you.  I want your visit to our place to be as pleasant as possible - so I thought it important to mention the following:

1.  Our fireplace is propane.  So the pilot light is always on.  Be careful when you come down the chimney.  I'll leave some band-aids out - just in case.
2.  We have a LOT of wildlife around us.  And some are more troublesome than others.  For example - the moles.  If your reindeer touch down in the backyard - tell them to watch out for holes.  And then there is the porcupine.  I haven't seen him in a while - but you would NOT want your reindeer tangling with one.  In the event that happens, I will leave the number for the Animal Emergency Clinic.  Tell them I sent you.  And put the bill on my tab.
3.  Frodo will likely bark when you arrive.  Actually - Frodo WILL bark when you arrive.  Please don't let that deter you. Just tell him "quiet." It probably won't work - but it's worth a try.
4.  Elroy will likely jump on you when you arrive.  Actually - Elroy WILL jump on you when you arrive.  Tell him "off."  It probably won't work - but it's worth a try.
5.  I'm not making any promises about leaving treats for you.  You know we will eat them.  And I suggest that IF you are bringing any edible gifts for US, that they be left somewhere out of reach.  Like on top of the fridge. Or in the garage.  But be sure the door is closed.

Those are the major warnings for now.  In my next segment, I'll finally put in my requests...

To be continued....



No comments:

Post a Comment