Saturday, December 31, 2016

New Year's Eve





Well it is New Year's Eve.  And like many in the world, we are QUITE happy that 2016 is coming to a close.   Now don't get me wrong - we ARE grateful for the fact that we have a roof over our heads, clean water to drink (although SOMEONE in this house is just as happy drinking out of puddles), we DO get food in our bowls every day (despite my complaints about portion size) and we have lots of toys to play with.  But it was a challenging year as well - besides the many human celebrities that passed away this year - the biggest grieving in our household came with the loss of my big furry buddy, Paxton.  We still miss him.  All the time....

We also had some terrible health problems this year - with my human's mother and with me...

But despite the hard parts - there were some wonderful things as well.  The most important being the arrival of Elroy!   It has taken me some time to get used to him - but he is definitely growing on me.  He is wild - but he provides a great deal of comic relief in this house!

I am grateful that people continue to read this crazy blog I write.  I don't think I missed many (if any) days this year and although there ARE days when I sometimes think that maybe I should take a break...I somehow have managed to write about something.  Let's face it - we three canines are a never-ending source of material!  While some might think we make up some of our stories - I assure you - our lives are better than a reality TV show.  This stuff is REAL - we couldn't make it all up!

Tonight my human and her mother will no doubt sit in front of the TV waiting to welcome in the New Year.  If they stay up that long. And we'll be right there with them - waiting to start a new chapter in our never boring canine lives.  A new year to chase bunnies.  A new year to play fetch.  A new year to train our human.  We have lots of work ahead of us.

Stay safe tonight - but have a glass of bubbly on me!  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment