Saturday, December 24, 2016

Dear Santa. Part 5. Section B





Dear Santa.
I am sending this via e-mail as the chances of Canada Post delivering this on time NOW are about as good as the weather man forecasting the weather for 7 days from now.  Heck -24 hours from now.

So Santa, it's time for MY ask.  But you know, I have started thinking - what do I REALLY need?  I have a roof over my head.  I have food.  The portions are never quite big enough in MY mind - but my human feels they are ample.  

I suppose I could ask for some extra treats - I mean who doesn't like treats?  My human suggested I ask for antlers - not the horrid kind you have to wear from the Dollar Store, but the kind you chew.  Mind you, if given the chance - I WOULD chew those antlers from the Dollar store...

I have a bed.  Actually two.  The dog bed and the bed my human thinks is hers.  So I don't need one of those.

I'm not asking for clothing.  Kind of like a 3 year old asking for attire.   Just isn't high on the priority list.

Grooming supplies?  No thanks.  NO THANKS.

A puppy?  Got one of those this year.  Thanks.  He's pretty cool.  But don't tell him I said so - I don't want it to go to his head.

A goat?  Not happening.  So why bother asking.  The three of us and a goat?  My human would have to be committed.

Opposable thumbs like a monkey would be nice so I could help my human with housework.  On second thought - scrap that idea.

Night vision goggles so I could see those bunnies better in the dark?  Nah - I can smell them.

Actually Santa, I looked at my ask from last year...and I hate to be boring - but I think it bears repeating....Is it plagiarism if I steal my own words?

I am asking for something for every person (and dog) who is reading this blog.  I ask that they share the joy and happiness that Christmas is all about.  A smile, a handshake, a phone call, a hug – realizing that Christmas ISN’T about the presents – but about those moments that you share with others.  Human OR canine.  OK. Cats too.  And ferrets.  And rabbits.  But not snakes. OK. Snakes too.  But just for today. Even porcupines.  But just don't hug them.

Santa I ask for HEALTH, peace and happiness within the hearts of those reading this – even if just for a moment.   And that feeling of pure joy – that we dogs know ALL about.  That’s what I wish for.
 
So be careful in your ride tonight.  Buckle up.  Put on a helmet. Stay safe.
 
Happy birthday Jesus!   And Merry Christmas to all!!!








2 comments:

  1. Dear Viktor and His Human aka Linda,
    Thank you so much for the gift of your blog which we start every day with...The joy and laughs are priceless! We feel like Viktor, Frodo and The FG are part of our family!
    Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Blessings and plenty of treats for the new year!
    The Richards in Texas.. (proud parents to Duncan the PON and almost 10 and a new PON puppy on the way in 2017 from Cindy C)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for your note! I am so happy when I hear that people enjoy the blog! Duncan will have his own adventures to write about with your new addition!!! Great fun. Have a very Merry Christmas!

      Delete