Saturday, December 17, 2016

He figured it out...


I can't believe it - but I saw it with my own eyes - so it's true.  The FG has figured out how to "find the bunny!!"  Well, it's not REALLY a bunny anymore - it's a simulated bunny.  Remember, I amputated the leg off the big bunny this summer.  And then my human had also bought us a small bunny when she was at Crufts.  Someone (who shall remain nameless) got just a LITTLE excited with that bunny and began to dissect his inner stuffing.  OK. I might as well confess - since Santa sees everything - so no point in telling a fib - it was me.  I get SO excited when I find the bunny and bring him back that I just can't contain myself.  And the surgical craving just overcomes me.  So we can no longer play with that bunny.  Until my human sews him up.  Like THAT will ever happen.

Anyway, while she was at Crufts she ALSO bought this REAL rabbit fur ball thing that has a rope attached.  It looks nothing like a bunny, but my human has now named it the "bunny" so who am I to complain.  I just like playing the game.

And I get to play first.  While the FG and Frodo are sequestered behind a gate in the front hall.  But they can watch me play.  My human makes us wait, while she goes to another room or even downstairs, and she hides the bunny.  We have to wait patiently because IF we cheat and start coming before we are called, she simply takes us back to the "starting place" and we begin all over again.  I'm pretty good - I don't usually cheat.  If she hides the bunny downstairs, she calls us to come down.  If the bunny is hidden somewhere on the main level, she comes back to us and tells us to "find the bunny."  While I am playing, Frodo and the FG are making an incredible racket.  Frodo is the ringleader - he barks and screams.  And now the FG follows along.  After I get my 10 bunny finds, then it is Frodo's turn - and my human puts me in the FG's crate.  Then it's my turn to scream bloody murder.  But we are all pretty clever with the screaming - we only do it when my human is out of sight.  As soon as she comes back, we are silent.  

After Frodo's 10 bunny finds, it was the FG's turn.  When he initially started playing this game a month or so ago, my human had to leash him to the crate while she went to "hide" the bunny (in plain sight in the other room) because he wouldn't sit and stay.  But now, not only does he stay when she hides the bunny on the main level, but he'll also stay when she goes downstairs!  AND he has figured out that he needs to use his nose to sniff out the bunny.  The neurons FINALLY fired and he has figured out the objective of the game.  And he consistently found the bunny. He still doesn't bring the bunny back - so my human has to follow him while he is searching, because when he finds the bunny he figures it is his to destroy.  I think he got that idea from me.

But it sure is fun to see him start "thinking" about things a bit more. He has also learned that if you sit and stare at my human while she is eating, she will use one hand to pet you.  BUT, if you get too pushy, then no pets.  We dogs really do learn from one another.

Now if I can just train him to open that biscuit jar - he's certainly tall enough...

Have a good one!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment