Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Raindrops on roses...



So I was the first victim of the Christmas bath.  And I must say, I did look stunning when it was all over.


 Mind you, within 24 hours I looked like my same old, scraggly self.  The only way to have us look so perfect for Christmas would be to give us a bath ON Christmas Day.  Like that would ever happen.

Next in line was the FG.  He looked just great when finished - pretty much the same as he always looks. 
So after the shampoo and blow dry and brushing, he of course IMMEDIATELY wanted to go out to pee in the snow.  So much for all that time spent drying him.  And THEN, the best - he had a big poop.  AND he had something he never gets.  A cling-on!  How great is THAT right after you have had a bath.  My human just moaned.  And took him back inside to "fix" the problem.

Two days later, Frodo had his bath.  It took that long for my human to get up the energy to do Mr Coat.  And of course, he looked fabulous in the end.


On Sunday night we were subjected to the annual sing along with Julie Andrews.  Yup - every year at Christmas, some TV station runs the movie, The Sound of Music - and we have to watch it.  And listen to my human sing the words to each and every single song.  She can even recite most of the dialogue.  Many years ago, legend has it, that she visited Salzburg, the home of The Sound of Music.  And she went on the The Sound of Music bus tour.  I pity those poor tourists on the bus with her...

There's another movie that we are waiting to see.  Based on the title, I think it must be ALL about dogs.  It's called It's a Wonderful Life

Time to finish my last minute Christmas preparations and finish my letter.  Have a happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment