Saturday, December 10, 2016

Bath humbug


 So the countdown begins...But I'm not sure just when the big event will be.  Or should I say the "dreaded" event.  What's the event?  The annual Christmas baths.  For each of us.  I don't get it.  I can't IMAGINE that Santa's reindeer smell all that great - so why do we dogs need to smell all flowery and fresh?  I mean - we don't care.  If given the choice to roll on a dead rodent or some rotting vegetation - OR have a bath - guess what WE would pick?

The other day we got a parcel in the mail.  We were all excited - assuming it was something from the pet supply mail order place.  Something like a cool toy.  Or a big antler to chew on.  Or some treats.  But no.  It was some "detangling" spray.  My human bought a bottle of this stuff called  "Knot Sure" by a  company called Animology when she was at Crufts.  And she's been using it on us whenever we are groomed.   She LOVES the stuff -  but of course could find it NOWHERE in Canada. But not to worry - the Google Queen found the stuff on Amazon and voila - here it is.  Oh goody.

Wonder who will be the first bath victim.  Doesn't matter to me if we go youngest to oldest or the other way around - I'll still be second.  UNLESS we go in alphabetical order.  THEN I would be last.  And let's face it - after my human has given two of us a bath, the third victim may or may NOT get the full treatment.  He may end up with some waterless spray shampoo and a quick blow dry - just because she is so tired.  I'm voting for alphabetical order.  

Well it's the weekend - time for some quality time with my human.  Hope you have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. I recently found Secret Weapon and HypKnotic that have made grooming Eliza incredibly easy. I am sure that she still hates a bath as much as you, Viktor--especially the blow drying after!
    Unfortunately for her, we are going for a walk in the woods to tire her out so maybe she will relax and rest while on the grooming table. Wish her luck, Viktor and know she feels your pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My human here is the same, bathing and grooming two dogs every week for 4 hours! Can you suggest an itchy free shampoo? -Pepito

    ReplyDelete